Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Sleepy Time

Dr. Deb sat down next to me on the couch. She looked into my eyes, and shook her head.

“You’ve been burning the midnight oil again,” she said with a disapproving tone.

“I’m OK.”

“You’re worried about your friends in AA, and you’re not sure what will happen with your boss moving to corporate.”

“What’s your point?” I asked.

“That when things weigh on your mind, you work late to distract yourself. What you really need is more sleep.”

She was right, but I wasn’t ready to surrender.  “OK, I’m just gonna work on a short story for half an hour, then I’ll be up to bed.”

Dr. Deb snorted. “It’ll take you half an hour to find where I hid your laptop.”

I followed her up the stairs, on my way to a good night’s sleep.


Tonight I’ll try to get enough sleep.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment