Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

“,… but if something changes,…”

Epiphany Chaser sat down next to me at the AA meeting that night.

“I’ve started dating again,” Epiphany said with all the enthusiasm she might have had for getting a speeding ticket.

“You don’t seem happy about it,” I said. 

“Most of my relationships have ended badly.  Not looking forward to feeling like a failure again.”

“You’re sober now. You’re starting over. It’s a new day.”

“Every time I got a new boyfriend I told myself I was starting over.”

“You were kidding yourself then. Nothing changed between boyfriends. This time you’ve made a major change. This time you’re sober. That’s the key to starting over.”

Epiphany smiled. “I hope you’re right.”

Today I’ll remember, it’s not really starting over if you don’t do anything different.

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment