Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Put Off

“What are you laughing about?” Dr. Deb asked as we sat on the couch watching TV.  

“Lenny,” I said. “That character’s name is Lenny.”

Dr. Deb rolled her eyes, “Well that explains it. Lenny.”

“Lenny was an oldtimer who said he stayed sober through procrastination.”

I did my best Lenny imitation. “Tomorrow I might get drunk, cheat on the wife, cause a ten-car pile-up, maybe fight with the cops.  Today I’m not gonna do anything stupid.”

“That worked for him?”

“He had forty years sober when he died.  Married for forty-two.  Drove a 30-year-old Cadillac without a scratch on it.”

 

Today I’ll put off being stupid

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment