Monday, November 14, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Memory

The next day, fall reminded us she was winter’s closest friend.  The temperature dropped, a little snow fell from the gloomy gray skies. 

Folks said foolish people had ‘no more sense than God gave a goose.’  The geese flying overhead had the good sense to get away before the really bad weather arrived.

Every year, when the weather turned, I remembered my mother sitting in the recliner we pulled close to the fireplace. She always had our dog on her lap while she read the paper, a look of contentment on her face. I loved that memory of her.

After I got sober, I started putting together a string of good memories like that one.  Each was much better than the times I’d disappointed the people around me, due mostly to my drinking.

Today I’ll make better memories.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment