Thursday, November 17, 2022

Fawlty SHowers 2

 Just A Moment

I spent a lot of my time thinking ‘I’ve got to get the next thing done.’

That night I was sitting with my laptop open, half watching TV, trying to work on a short story.  I couldn’t have said why.

“Time for bed,” Dr. Deb said. I told her I’d be up in a minute. I looked at what I’d written. It was awful. I could feel my frustration in my bones.

I remembered a conversation I’d overheard. An AA oldtimer quoted the Bible to a newcomer who was struggling with a number of issues: “Be still, and know that I am.”

A sad look crossed the young man’s face as he told the oldtimer he was an atheist.

“Then just be still,” the oldtimer said.  “Take a moment to just put it all aside. Whatever is bothering you will still be there after you’ve had a peaceful moment.”

 

Today I’ll take a moment to just be still.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment