Friday, November 4, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2


 Small Battles

A young woman walked past my office, saw DipshitDumbass The Bunny, and turned around.

“Can I?” she asked pointing to him.

“Absolutely,” I said, waving her in. She sat opposite me and put DD in her lap.

She was very attractive, with a ready smile, made up, and fashionably dressed. If I passed by her on the street I would have thought she had not a care in the world.

“You may have noticed I’m a little overdressed for rehab,” she said with a slight chuckle.

“Well, you’re not wearing the ‘mussed hair, pajama chic’ look that’s popular around here.”

“I’m struggling to get sober, it’s a struggle.  Just to show myself I’m up to it, I’m trying to win little battles along the way.”

“Like getting dressed up when you don’t really feel like it?”

She nodded. “I like to think of doing anything I’m supposed to do when I don’t feel like it is winning a small battle. That and doing anything that makes me feel better about myself.”

 

Today I will win the little battles along the way.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment