Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Kidding Yourself

Dr. Deb sat down next to me.  “Ooh, that shirt stinks,” she said, grimacing.

“It’s a workout shirt,” I said. “You’ll notice I’m wearing running shorts. Plan to hit the exercise bike before we go to bed.”

Dr. Deb laughed. “You know you’re kidding yourself, right? When bedtime rolls around you’ll be too tired.”

I started to argue, but deep down knew she might be right. I thought of other times people I’d known had been kidding themselves.

A friend had told me he was going to look at a classic motorcycle just to see it.  He wasn’t going to buy another bike. His wife would kill him. At least he got to keep it after the divorce.

A guy I knew had said he thought he was more entrepreneur than drug-dealer. The judge had told him he’d been kidding himself, and sent him away for seven years.

Long ago I had stopped kidding myself about what would happen if I decided to have ‘a beer or two.’ Life has been better ever since.

Today I won’t kid myself.

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment