Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

I Hear That

I told the group to draw the ears on the stick figure and list their three favorite sounds.

A young man asked if he could list things he’d be grateful to never hear again now that he was sober. I told him that was fine, and the group liked the idea.

“My wife not adding a ‘but’ after ‘I love you.’”

“The sound of my own voice when I’m lying about where I was, what I was doing, why I wasn’t where I was supposed to be.”

“’License and registration,’ followed by ‘step out of the car.’”

“My inner voice asking me why I keep doing this to myself.”

“My imaginative friends making up stories to fill the gaps in my memory.”

I added a few sounds of my own.

 

Today I’ll make a list of things I’ll be grateful to never hear again.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment