Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Good Influence

The next day I asked Dana how things were going with her daughter and the new boyfriend.

“I love this kid!” Dana said. “I was ready to not like him, thinking he might be the next Dope Without Hope, but he’s been nothing but a good influence.”

“How so?” I asked.

“The other day I heard him tell her she should learn a trade or go to college so she always had a profession.”

“You were eavesdropping?”

“I was being a mother.  The point is I told her the same thing, but The Princess could hear it from him.”

“Pays to have more than one good influence in your life,” I said.

“Makes you think you should try to be a good influence because you might be that one person somebody will listen to.”

 

Today I’ll try to be one more good influence.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment