Monday, November 7, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Adapt

“You know what scares me?” she asked, stroking DD The Bunny.

I shook my head.

“How adaptable we can be.”

“Wouldn’t you say adapting is a good thing?”

She thought for a minute, scratching DD between his ears.

“Not always. Some people change because they’re sick and tired, some adapt to their misery.”

I nodded. “I guess the trick is to know when to adapt and when to change.”

She shook her head, looked down at DD, and said, “I adapted to living with my drug loving boyfriend until I couldn’t remember who I was before I met him. He’s adapted to being sick and tired.”

“Time for a change,” I said.

 

Today I’ll beware of adapting to things I’d be better off changing.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment