Monday, November 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Hold Tight

We continued the gratitude exercise.

“Draw in the stick figure’s eyes. Next to the eyes list three of your favorite sights.”

I noticed a middle-aged woman wipe away a tear. I asked she was OK.

She said, “There was an accident at work last year.  My husband wasn’t hurt, but other people were killed. I was so happy to see him come out of the building alive...”

She choked up a little, but added, “I feel guilty listing that as one of my favorite sights when so many people didn’t see anything but heartache and smoke pour out of that building.”

An older man said to her, “Sometimes you gotta pick the gratitude out of the sadness.  My buddy was killed by a drunk driver. I’m sorry for his family, but grateful I’m still around for mine.”

She nodded, still looking sad and uncertain. “I guess you have to hold your gratitude in one hand and your sorrow in the other.”

The man nodded and said, “Hold the gratitude tight, though.  It helps you get through the sorrow.”  

Today I’ll hold tight my gratitude.

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment