Friday, November 18, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Not Self-Inflicted

The next day I woke up almost wishing I hadn’t.

My throat felt like I had been gargling glass. The pounding at my temples took my mind off the feeling my sinuses were about to blow out the front of my skull. 

I didn’t have the all over aches that come with the flu, but I was tired. So tired. Almost too tired to see out of my watery eyes.

The voice in my head, the one responsible for sarcastic remarks, asked, “So what are we ever so grateful for today?”

“It’s not a hangover,” I answered the voice. “I didn’t do this to myself.”

 

Today I’ll be grateful for whatever pain I don’t inflict on myself.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment