Sunday, September 18, 2016

40. Opportunity Knocks
The next day I could overhear the group from my office.  Howard was telling them he’d met Roy’s sponsor, Street Sign. 

“I told him about my two divorces,” Howard said.  “I was sorta feelin’ sorry for myself when he asked me if either of my exes was still alive. He told me about being widowed twice.  Didn’t have to say nothing else. My first wife remarried, but not my second.  I have an opportunity to patch things up.  I know he’d do anything to see either of his wives again.”

Today I will be grateful for any opportunity that comes my way.



Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment