Wednesday, September 14, 2016

38. I See The Problem
“So, the lady who thought she had a boyfriend when really she was just a drug mule,” Howard said, “do you think she knew?”

I said, “I wouldn’t be surprised if she suspected, but wouldn’t allow herself to see it.”

“And the trial opened her eyes.  Maybe if I went to the wedding and couldn’t stop myself from drinking I’d really see my addiction.”

“Howard, let’s be clear. You’ve had two DUIs, two divorces, and a bankruptcy to open your eyes. You see your problem, you just don’t want to do anything about it.”

He smiled and said, “I want to deal with my problem, I just don’t want to stop drinking.”

Today I will do something about the problems I see.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment