Monday, September 5, 2016

31. Your reaction?
My phone’s message light glowed red.  I listened to the first message, pushed the wrong button, and erased the remaining four days’ worth of messages.   “Now what, genius?” I asked myself as I tried to weave my way through the phone’s automated message retrieval system.  No luck.

I thought of who might have called me, and why.  Some would call me back, wondering if I had gotten their message, unable to wait for a return call. Others would assume I’d lost their message, and laugh when I told them what happened.  I expected at least one angry ‘why-didn’t-you-call-me-back’ call. These callers would suspect I was lying about losing their message.

I took a deep breath and tried to let go.  “Can’t control how people react.”

Today I will accept having no control over other people’s reactions to my honest mistakes. 


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment