Monday, September 19, 2016

41. Judge Not
That night I stopped at a rest stop on I-79.  A few urinals away on my left I heard a man say, “Who’s my little buddy? Who is it? It’s you! That’s right, you’re my little buddy!” I fought the urge to look his way.  ‘You really don’t want to make eye contact,’ I said to myself.  We walked to the sink at the same time, and he caught my eye.  I winced.

“My wife holds the phone out for me to talk to my baby boy,” he said, an embarrassed smile spreading across his face as he showed me the phone he’d been holding in his left hand.

“That’s what I thought,” I said, even though it wasn’t close to what I had been thinking.

Today I will try not to judge.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment