Monday, September 26, 2016

46. Insisting on Being a Good Influence
“And you!” Margaret said, pointing her cane at Felix, “You are never invited to my house again!” Felix laughed and I asked what happened.

“Thirty years in the Navy and my husband didn’t get a single tattoo,” Margaret said. “Felix convinced him we should get matching ones for our wedding anniversary. I’m gonna filet that kid.”

“Do you want me to call the deputy back, see if we can borrow his Taser?” Howard joked.

“No, he’s been a good influence,” Margaret said, smiling and poking Felix with her cane.  “Felix has gotten my husband to lighten up a little, not worry about me so much.  I think my husband respects the way Felix insists on helping him see the bright side.  He just doesn’t give up.”

Today I will insist on being a good influence.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment