Thursday, September 1, 2016

30. What are you worrying about?
When I got back to work Anne was talking to Ms. Rella in her office.  Anne turned and asked me,
"Do you think my kid will be an addict?  Cindy and Josh say staying clean will lower the risk, but I know addiction is genetic."

"Your child hasn't been born yet," I said.  "There's no point in worrying now.  If you stay clean and sober your baby won't be exposed to drugs, and is less likely to be addicted later in life.  Even if you're genetically prone to addiction, it sometimes skips a generation.  It did in my case. So quit worrying."

For half a second a smile crossed her face, but then she said,  "So you're saying my grandkids will be addicts?"

Today I won't worry about tomorrow or the day after.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment