Tuesday, September 27, 2016

47. Faith and Fear
“I’m having the surgery,” Margaret said.  “I can’t believe I am, but I am.”  She described in detail how the surgeons planned to realign her hip and her knee.  She seemed scared but determined.

“Sounds like the right thing to do,” I said.  “What made you decide to go ahead with it?”

“Don’t ask me why, but I have a lot of faith in the doctors.  It makes up for a lot of my fear.”

I remembered how scared and miserable I was when I first got sober.  Seeing the happiness of the sober people around me gave me faith that things would get better.

Today I’ll remember a little faith makes up for a lot of fear.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment