Wednesday, September 21, 2016

43. Cheer Up
“She’s not going to understand,” Felix said.  “It’s gonna kill me to hurt her like that.”

Howard, who had been sitting on the steps smoking under the “No Smoking” sign said, “Lemme see the picture.”  Felix handed him his phone.
“Damn, kid!” he said.  “She’s hot.  Don’t beat yourself up about this.  She’ll replace you in no time.”

I laughed, and said, “Howard, you suck at cheering people up!”

“You really do,” Felix said with a smile.  “But you’re right.  She’ll likely find someone. I’m moving on and I have to accept she will too.”

Today I will accept people moving on, sometimes away from me.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment