Sunday, September 11, 2016

35. Smarter Than Your Average Mutt?
“You know that guy Street Sign?” Roy asked me.  I told I’d known Street Sign for years.  “I’m gonna ask him to be my sponsor.”

“Great idea,” I said.  “What made you pick him?”

“I saw him with his dog in the parking lot before an AA meeting.  He taught the dog to roll over, play dead, walk on his hind legs, and speak.  I thought if he could teach a dog all that, he could teach me to stay sober.”

“I don’t know,” I said, “That’s a really smart dog…”

Roy laughed.  “That’s true, but Street Sign said smart dogs only learn if they’re able to listen.  Some smart dogs are too distracted.  Some are to hyper  or lazy to learn much.  I want to prove to myself I’m as smart and willing to learn as the average mutt .  ”

Today I’ll prove I’m as smart and willing to learn as the average mutt.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment