Monday, November 7, 2016

76. You Got Pierced Where?

“Did you notice you said, ‘my Felix’?” I asked Joel, Margaret’s husband.

“I know,” Joel said.  “I surprised myself.  All that ink and those piercings? When I first met Felix I thought he looked like an abstract painting defaced by a hole punch.  I was fairly certain I wasn’t going to like him.  Now he’s not just Margaret’s friend, he’s my friend.  It’s like they say, don’t judge a book by its cover.”

“I heard he stayed at the hospital the whole time Margaret was having her surgery.”

Joel chuckled.  “He did.  I’m sure his heart was in the right place, but his eyes were on a certain nurse.”


Today I won’t judge a book by its cover.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment