Tuesday, November 15, 2016

82. Hater’s High
“Did you ever talk to your baby’s father?” I asked.
“I did, the bastard!” Anne said.  “I was so geared up to hate him, but he only cheated on his wife because she cheated on him.  They’re working it out in therapy.  He wants to be involved in his daughter’s life.”
“Once again, I don’t understand your logic.  It sounds like he’s making the best of a bad situation.”
“When I thought he was a lying dog, I was so full of righteous anger.  I had the moral high ground.  Polishing my resentment changed my mood, gave me energy, and killed my appetite.  I’d say haters’ high is just as powerful as runners’ high.  Now I kinda feel bad for him.  I liked my rage much better than the pity I feel now.”

Today I will beware of hater’s high.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment