Monday, November 28, 2016

88. Today’s Best
At the gym, I sat at a stationary bike with a monitor. I picked a computer generated course that showed three bikes – a pacer, my current ride, and a ‘ghost’ bike running my fastest time from previous rides.  The course rambled over ten miles of hilly terrain.  I stayed with the ghost for half the course, but at five miles I began falling behind

I finished way behind the ghost.  My legs ached and my lungs and throat burned.  I thought I might be getting sick. 

“Hey, at least I finished,” I said out loud, even though nobody was close enough to hear me. “That’s about the best I can do today.”  ‘I’ll have to be happy with that’, I thought.

Today I’ll be happy doing the best I can do today.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment