Tuesday, November 29, 2016

89. Shocking
The next day I heard the group talking about the impact of Felix's death.

“Felix died so young,” Roy said.  “Made think about where I am in my life.”   He let out a long sigh. “I’m leaving my wife.  I don’t want to be like my father, thinking love and sex were part of marriage you shed with your youth.”

“Felix hooked up with the wrong woman,” Howard said. “I had found the right one and pushed her away.  I bought her a new engagement ring this morning. If you’re gonna start over, you might as well do it right."

Anne, who’d been shocked by her pregnancy, said, “We’ve been Tasered. We’ve gotten nonfatal shocks that kept us from doing something stupid.  We’ve been defibrillated.  We were dead, we didn’t know it, and now we’re alive.  As much as they hurt, the shocks did us good.”

Margaret wiped a tear away.  “I can’t believe how painful the shocks have been.  Can’t believe I’ve stayed clean.  But here I am, and I’m gonna try to see life’s shocks as a blessing.”


Today I will try to accept life’s shocks.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.




No comments:

Post a Comment