Sunday, November 27, 2016

87. Me Time
After I finished hanging pictures I packed my gym bag.  Brat Boy asked, “Why don’t you skip your workout today? It’s getting late.”

I said, “My workout keeps me from playing the martyr, or resenting the people I love.  I put family first, I do my best at work, but I set aside a little something for me.  People who don’t, or can’t, end up bitter, burned out.”

 “Wait, this is you not burned out and bitter?” Brat Boy said, smirking.

“I could skip the gym and we could clean the garage. That’d be a good workout.”

“Go to the gym, Dad.  You’ve earned it.”

Today I will set aside some selfish time.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment