Thursday, November 10, 2016

79. Today
Street Sign shuffled in, holding onto a wheeled oxygen bottle with one hand, and RuhRoh’s leash with the other.  Cancer hadn’t beat him, but it had slowed him down.  I got him a cup of coffee.
“He knows,” Street Sign said, scratching RuhRoh’s ear.  “He’ll sniff my midsection and whine.”

RuhRoh put his head on my knee.  I scratched his ear and under his chin.  A look of pure happiness spread across his broad face.  Street Sign sipped his coffee and said, “Now that’s a good cup.  Who made it?” He took another sip. His expression matched his dog's.

As we drank our coffees I couldn’t help but admire how he insisted on enjoying the day.


I will try to enjoy today no matter what.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment