Monday, November 14, 2016

81. Does That Make Sense?
The next day Anne looked worried when I passed her in the hall.  I asked her if everything was OK.

“I’m having the best pregnancy,” she said.  “I’m done with the morning sickness already.  My appetite is great.  The doc is thrilled with me.”

“I don’t get it,” I said. “What’s there to worry about?”

“The happier my pregnancy, the more fussy my baby will be.  That’s how the universe works.”

At first I thought she was kidding.  I tried to show her how irrational she was being. The longer we talked, the more convinced she became the first nine months of her daughter’s life would be miserable.

I quit arguing.  She said she knew I’d see her point eventually.  I made up my mind not to torture myself with irrational fears and beliefs.  (I decided thinking my laptop was out to get me was completely rational no matter what Jason The IT Guru said.)

Today I will try to be as rational as I can.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment