Wednesday, July 4, 2018


Admiration Without Jealousy
The New Boss was late getting to work the next day.  We were supposed to meet at 8:30, but he didn’t arrive until 9:00.

“Sorry, Ken,” he said as I sat across from him. “You like to fish, right?” I nodded. “I was at my camp and the fish were biting.” He showed me a picture of his “camp,” a three story A-frame overlooking a pool on a trout stream. I had no doubt his camp cost more than my house, and my car, and my wife’s car, combined.

 “Wow,” was all I could manage. I tried not to be jealous. The New Boss worked hard. He’d built the agency from the ground up. Whatever rewards he’d gotten, he deserved. Even if he hadn’t worked hard, being jealous wasn’t going to add to my happiness.

I looked at the pictures again, admiring the view. “You catch anything?” I asked, secretly hoping he hadn’t. I couldn’t help being a little jealous.

Today I will admire without jealousy.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment