Sunday, July 1, 2018



Have You Seen Our Water Bill?
I wondered what happened to that man. I had said to him, “You’re trying to fill the bathtub without plugging the drain.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he had said.

 “If you fill a tub fast enough, you’ll get ahead of the open drain. The water level will rise, but you won’t see what’s going down the pipe. ”

I didn’t think he got the analogy, but after a moment’s thought he said, “I work to fill my life with money, power, and things. My house is full like the tub, but my family life is going down the tubes.  The years circle the drain, but I focus on the things pouring in.”

“The drain stays open,” I said, “when you get more and enjoy it less.  You need to get less and enjoy more. You need to soak in the tub.”

“That’s your advice, soak in the tub?”

“Literally and figuratively.”

Today I will soak in the tub.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment