Friday, July 27, 2018


One More Time
“Okay,” Brittany said, with no enthusiasm whatsoever. Even though he’d broken her heart twice, there were things she still liked about Frozen Snake Boy.  “I’m going to text him one more time to tell him I don’t hate him.”

I didn’t argue with her, but I thought she was falling into the ‘once mores.’ The once mores were the way we convinced ourselves to do something one more time.  This time I’ll just have one brownie.  I’m going to run into the store, get one thing and run right out.  One episode on Netflix and I’m going right to bed.  One more trip to the bar to let them know they won’t be seeing me anymore.  One final scratch-off ticket and I’m done. 

Sometimes people do their ‘once mores’ just once. Many times ‘once more’ opens the door to a lot more.
Today I’ll beware of the ‘once mores’.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment