Sunday, July 22, 2018

People Don’t Always Suck
Dogs always brought a smile to my face, but that morning people did not. The morning news had been especially bad.  Someone texting and driving had nearly hit me. It looked more and more like Jackie really had poisoned her husband.

Daniel said, “Somebody left Bandgee on the side of the highway.  A mousey little kid from up the street saved him.  This boy is afraid of his own shadow. He ran onto a busy highway to get the dog.”

“’Bandgee?” I asked.

“B and G – biscuits and gravy."

“You want to hear the kicker?”

“What?”

“The kid’s allergic to dogs,” Daniel said, shaking his head. “People don’t know how good and brave they can be until they have to be both.”

I won’t say my faith in humanity was restored, but I was reminded people surprise themselves with what they can do.  I started listing all the people I knew who quit smoking, reconciled with family, got sober, got out of prison and turned their lives around, or pitched in after an emergency.

Today I won’t give up on people, myself included.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment