Monday, July 30, 2018

Realistic Expectations
Focusing on just that day didn’t make the sky sunny again, but it was big enough umbrella to keep me from getting soaked in worry.  It was about what I expected.

Over the years I’d seen too many people, expecting too much, quit doing something helpful.  People who ate healthy for two weeks, but stopped because they hadn’t lost twenty pounds.  Others who felt better on an antidepressant, but quit because parts of their lives were still sad.  Folks who relapsed because while their lives had improved, sobriety hadn’t shielded them from ‘life on life’s terms.’

At the end of the day, I decided not to walk away from the burnout training. It didn’t make me happy, but I hadn’t expected it to.

Today I will have realistic expectations.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment