Wednesday, July 11, 2018


Grateful, Eventually
The chills hit me on the way home. I turned down the car’s air conditioning. It didn’t help. By the time I parked in my driveway I could feel my cheeks getting red with fever. My head and shoulders ached.

I’d like to say I thought ‘a little sickness is a great reminder to appreciate good health.’ Instead, I thought ‘Not #$%^@ today! and ‘I don’t have *&^%$ time to be sick.’ I even thought, ‘why me, why not Brittany’s boyfriend? If one of us has to be sick, it really out to be cheating Frozen Snake Boy.’
I trudged off to bed, knowing eventually I’d be grateful for good health.

Today I will be grateful for good health.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment