Friday, August 12, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Passing the Drug Screen

When I got home I grabbed a cookie, broke it in half, and put the other half back in the tin.


“On a diet?” Dr. Deb asked.


“I have my physical in two weeks,” I said. “I’m cutting back on sweets before they check my blood sugar.”


“You’re like the guy who stops using just long enough to pass a drug screen, instead of admitting he has a problem, changing his behavior.”


“Nuh uh,” I said, wondering how she could ever counter an argument as logical and persuasive as ‘nuh uh.’


“You’re like the guy who makes a big deal on special occasions, but otherwise neglects his girlfriend.”


“Am not.”


“You’re like…”


“OK, I get it. I need to do more than ‘pass the drug screen.’” 

 

Today I’ll do more than ‘pass the drug screen.’

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment