Friday, August 5, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Before You Hit the Wall

After I spoke to the patients, I went back to my office and put DD the Bunny on my lap. 


My phone rang.  The Preacher was calling from the Allegheny County Jail.


The Preacher had decided he wasn’t going to pay child support.  The Judge had decided The Preacher wasn’t going to sleep at home for the next six to twelve months.  


To my utter amazement, The Preacher sounded humble.  “I saw this coming, and I didn’t change directions,” he said.


He told me where his key was hidden and asked if I could water his plants.


I had driven drunk many times, knowing I needed to change directions. It wasn’t until I hit the county sheriff that I stopped.


“Why don’t we change directions before we hit the wall?” I asked DD. 


DD the Bunny twitched his ears. He didn’t know either.   

 

Today I won’t wait to hit the wall before I change direction.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment