Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Fawlty Showers 2 will return Monday 8/29. In the meantime here's a quote from Home Groupies, the first daily message book I wrote:



Change will do you good                                                                                            Tuesday, 1/20

Change can sneak up on you.  Tuesday afternoon I was five minutes late for a Bring Your Parent lunch at my daughter’s school.  There she sat in the cafeteria, a double lunch on her tray.  As I wiggled into the elementary school lunch table, I asked her if she was worried I wouldn’t show up.

“You always show up,” she said, shrugging her shoulders and pushing a child-sized portion of breaded meatballs my way.  I was amazed.  Nobody ever considered me reliable; not in my drinking days, and not for years after I got sober.  The change had occurred without me noticing.  Sometimes the rewards of recovery are a complete surprise.

 

Today I will take stock and savor the rewards of recovery.


Home Groupies (c) 2009 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment