Thursday, August 18, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Frogget You

After work I went down to my pond to relax and collect my thoughts.


I’d been tied up over the summer with various projects and hadn’t had time to maintain it.


Deer had eaten all the lily pads and shoreline plants. Muck had settled on the bottom leaving just inches of water above. Weeds grew in the cracks between the paving stones.


“More of a swamp than a pond,” I said to the frog glaring up at me from the murky water. The pond was his home, he had every right to be angry.


It was mid-August.  I was tempted to wait until spring to fix it. I thought of all things people put off repairing until they had little or no time to enjoy them, starting with relationships.  


“The sooner I fix this, the longer we’ll have to enjoy it,” I said to the frog.  He didn’t say anything, taking a wait and see attitude.

 

Today I’ll start repairs that I can enjoy tomorrow.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment