Monday, August 29, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Habitual

My homegroup was canceled that week.  The church where we held the meeting was renovating their basement. 

Talmadge texted to let me know some people were getting together at a restaurant.  The place had a patio were dogs were allowed, which meant Epiphany could bring Mojo.

I didn’t think missing one week was going to break my sobriety.  On the other hand, I’d seen people drift away from good habits a little at a time.

More people than I could count went to the gym regularly, missed a workout or two, then three or four, and then stopped going.

Other people committed to eating healthy, cheated a little here, a little there, and ended up on the chocolate, Doritos, and pizza diet.

Most people I knew who relapsed drifted into drinking again by drifting away from whatever good habits got them sober.

‘I’ll be there,’ I texted Talmadge. Gotta safeguard that good habit, I thought.

 

Today I’ll safeguard good habits.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment