Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Do You See What I See?

At the AA meeting that night Talmadge asked me about The Preacher.


“He didn’t see this coming?” Talmadge asked, wondering how The Preacher ended up in jail.  


“He didn’t want to,” I said. “I went to his house to water his plants.  Saw a stack of unopened registered mail sitting on his kitchen counter.”


“So, he signed for the letters, knowing they probably had something to do with his case, but didn’t open them?”


 “Pretty much,” I said.


“Pretty stupid,” Talmadge answered.


I shrugged. “Human nature to not see what we don’t want to see. How long did you refuse to see you had a drinking problem?”


Talmadge nodded. “There are none so blind as those who will not see.”


“Who said that?”


“I did. Just now.”

 

Today I’ll beware of not seeing what I don’t want to see.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment