Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

WOW

The next morning at work the phone rang at 6:00 a.m.


“I need an evaluation,” the man said. “WOW’s idea.”


“Wow?” I asked.


“Witch Of a Wife. WOW.”


He droned on for ten minutes, explaining all the things making WOW angry. 


Apparently, she thought him passing out at her boss’s party was a big deal.  She didn’t understand you had insurance because you expected to wreck a car or three.  


“I had a few beers and kissed her sister,” he said. “So sue me.”


The world never lacked for angry, unreasonable people.  Maybe his wife was one of them.


On the other hand, I wanted to ask him if maybe, just maybe, he was part of the problem.


I looked back and laughed at the times I had thought people were being unreasonable, when maybe part of the problem was my drinking.


 

Today, I’ll consider that maybe, just maybe, I’m part of the problem.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment