Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

“Into every life, a little rain must fall.”

As we ate lunch in the staff room, I couldn’t help but notice the sadness.  We weren’t depressed, just down over Abigail’s passing.


I tried to lighten the mood, but was met with blank stares.


Each in our own way, had found something annoying about Abigail, but we still missed her.


As I ate in silence, I thought how sometimes the best you could do was wade through your sadness, rather than avoiding it.


People who self-medicated their sadness often found the ‘medicine’ had side effects. As a friend used to say ‘drowning your sorrows only adds tears and pee to the puddle.’  


People who ignored their grief seemed to never fully get over it.


Some people hid their sadness in anger, until anger became their new addiction.


“Can’t go around it,” I said softly. “Got to go through it.”

 

If today, or any other day, I’m sad, I will wade through it.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment