Friday, August 26, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Fawlty Showers 2 will return on Monday. In the meantime, here's the excerpt from Home Groupies II:

A body at rest

After I got of the phone with Robert I went upstairs.  My wife was in our bedroom perusing the onscreen TV guide.  She stopped on a movie I had wanted to see.

            “That looks good,” she said.  “Hey guys, there’s a movie on in here.” My son, not old enough to master that blasé teenage attitude, came bounding into the room.

            “I love movie night!” he said.  He rushed back out of the room to put on his pj’s.  He detoured into the bathroom to brush his teeth, but the time he spent suggested he most likely brushed a tooth or two at best.

            My daughter wandered into our bedroom, and said, “I call mom.”  She plopped down next to her mother.  “You move around too much,” she said to me.

            My son curled up next to me. “I love movie nights!” he said.

            “I do too,” I said.  There were a lot of things I could have been doing, but I wasn’t leaving the room for anything.

 

Today I will remember a smart body at rest in a good place tends to stay at rest in that place.


Home Groupies II (c) 2012 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment