Thursday, August 4, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Diamonds

When it came time to speak to our patients about Abigail’s passing, I tore up my carefully written speech.


“I was going to give the usual glowing eulogy, but that’s not what Abigail wanted. So, just a few thoughts on her passing.”


I looked around the room. So many sad faces.


“Abigail was a control freak’s control freak, and trust me, it could be annoying as hell.”


Heads nodded. A few people laughed.


“But she could also be inspiring. She wanted desperately to help other people.  She was a diamond in that regard. That’s what I’ll remember about her.”


I hesitated, not sure what to say next.


“A finished diamond has its flaws. A diamond in the rough doesn’t look like a diamond.  They’re still diamonds.


“I hope, no matter your flaws, no matter how rough you or your life may be, you still see the diamond, in yourself and others.  It’s what Abigail wanted for you.”

 

Today I’ll see the diamond, regardless of the flaws.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment