Monday, August 8, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Carlotta Cookies

Brat Boy and Blondie were in the kitchen eating cookies when I got home that night.


“Your mother made cookies?” I asked.  Blondie pointed to a tin on the counter.


The note on the lid read ‘These cookies are for Ken, and Ken alone.’ Smiley face.  


Brat Boy’s girlfriend Carlotta Cookies had promised to make a batch for me. I’d asked her to include a note making it clear who the cookies were for.


At work that day it had seemed as if people were competing to see who could be the least likeable.  Carlotta’s cookies were just one more reason to like her.


I decide the next time a few folks were getting me down, I’d write a list of what I liked about other people in my life.

 


Today I’ll write a list of what I like about the people in my life.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment