Wednesday, January 4, 2017

14. Sleeping Indoors
As he channel surfed, looking for a movie, Brat Boy passed a news story on homelessness.

“Go back,” I said.  The reporter was interviewing someone I had met years earlier when he was a computer engineer new to AA.  He was telling the reporter about life on the streets.
I remembered the homeless man being very humble despite his many accomplishments.  I had predicted he’d do well, and had been proven wrong again.   

“I’ll be OK,” he said, “unless the temperature drops into the single digits.”  He had driven a Mercedes to his first meeting.  I had been a little jealous.  Looking up, I was grateful to see ceiling rather than the sky.
  
Tonight I will sleep indoors, and for that I will be grateful.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment