Thursday, January 5, 2017

15. Wasted
“You OK?” Blondie asked, seeing my ‘kicked in the stomach’ expression.

I held up my smartphone. “There’s probably a dozen things twice as useful as this we’ll never know about because the idea for them drowned in an alcoholic’s brain,” I said.  “The knowledge went up in smoke, or was smothered by an overdose, maybe got lost to a stroke brought on by coke.”

“Bothers you, the waste of talent,” my wife said.

“I think about the world’s problems and wonder how many of them could have been solved if not for some creative person’s addiction.”

Today I won’t drown, burn, or otherwise destroy whatever talents I might have.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment