Tuesday, January 17, 2017

22. The Correct Order
I was sitting on the couch next to my wife later that evening.  She told me she was going to run to the grocery store. 

“The roads are getting icy,” I said.  “Stay home. God forbid something happened to you.  People would push me to remarry.  I’d have to date again, which means I’d have to buy new clothes. I’d have to shave. I’d have to make small talk.”

“And?” my wife asked.

“I’d have to spend money on dinner.  I’d have to sit through some dopey chick flick.”

“And?” she asked again, driving an elbow into my side.

“And I love you. Couldn’t imagine life without you,” I said, rubbing my bruised ribs.

“Should have said that first.”

Today I will put love first.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


No comments:

Post a Comment