Wednesday, May 3, 2017

27. Details
When I got to work, Jameston was sitting in his car, polishing the dashboard with a cloth.  A baggie with toothpicks and Q-tips sat on the passenger seat next to window cleaner and a roll of paper towel.
“Detailing relaxes me,” he said. “The last time I was in treatment they told me to try new ways to relax and this is what I came up with.”
“I go to the gym,” I said. “Not very imaginative, but it works.  What else do you do?”
“I make a list of people who got what they deserved,” he said. “I know that sounds cold, but it makes me think there’s some justice in the universe.”
“Whatever works,” I said. “Anything stressing you today?”
“My ex-wife is dating her boss.”

Today I will find a new way to relax.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment