Wednesday, May 10, 2017

32. No Problem
Heath came to pick up his mother after the meeting.  She didn’t like to drive at night.  As Hilary said goodbye to everybody, Heath and I talked. I asked him how he was doing.
“I’m doing great,” Heath said. “I met someone, my grades are great, and I got a good job for the summer.”
“So what’s your problem?” I asked, noticing his frown.
“I have the best mom ever, but she’s making herself miserable assuming my happiness is all an act.  She thinks I’ve been suppressing my feelings about my dad’s death for years.  The other day she said it was a shame I couldn’t enjoy my life more.  She could enjoy her life more if she accepted I’ve made peace with my dad’s death, mostly. I wish she could stop looking for problems that aren’t there.”
“I’ll talk to her,” I said.
Today I won’t look for problems.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment